Who we are
We are Hire A Hubby Franchise Operations UK Ltd trading as Hire A Hubby, a company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 10646445 whose registered office is at 1 South House, Bond Avenue, Bletchley, Buckinghamshire MK1 1SW. Please contact us using the details below if you have any questions on these terms or the service that we provide. All references to “us” or “we” throughout this statement is to Hire A Hubby Franchise Operations UK Ltd and our franchisees and includes any business within the Hire A Hubby network.
What information we hold about
We collect personal information whenever you provide it to us. This personal information may include the following:
- name, date of birth and contact details
- demographic information including postcode, preferences and interests
- payment details
- various technical information which is collected automatically including your IP address, web browser type and version and operating system
How we use your data
We use your information for the purposes of contacting you regarding any enquiries you make and to exercise and carry out our rights and obligations arising from any orders for our products or services.
We will also use your information in order to enhance and develop our website, products and services. We aim to provide you with the best possible service and experience, and as such we may use your data in order to continue to improve your experience when using our website or services.
We will also, where we have your consent to do so, use your contact details to keep you up-to-date with our products and services including offers and promotions from us. We may also contact you, with your consent, in order to conduct market research to enable us to customise and update our website.
We will not provide your information to third parties other than as set out below.
Who we may share your data with
We may use and share aggregated statistical data regarding usage of our service with third parties but will not provide such third parties with any personally identifiable information about you.
We may disclose or transfer your personal data to:
- our agents and service providers
- any of our group companies
- any business within the Hire A Hubby network
- a third party who acquires our business
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by law
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- access to your personal data is limited to authenticated and approved staff
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about products and services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new products and services from us and those within the Hire A Hubby network.
We have a legitimate business interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see below ‘Reasons we collect and use your personal information’). This means we do not usually need your permission to send you promotional communications. However, where permission is needed, we will ask for this permission separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other organisations outside those in the Hire A Hubby network for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by using the unsubscribe link in our communications or contacting us on the details below.
Reasons we collect and use your personal information
In accordance with data protection laws we are required to have a specified lawful basis for processing your personal information. We process personal information about you for the purposes set out in this policy which are necessary in order to provide our services to you and/or meet our legitimate business interests including developing and enhancing the services that we offer; detecting and preventing fraud; maintaining the security and integrity of our services; detecting and fixing errors. We may also be required to process some information about you to comply with our legal obligations.
Transfer of data out of the EEA
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff in destinations outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our third party service providers.
These destinations may not have the same legal protections for personal data as you enjoy under English law. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement and data protection legislation.
When we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- the countries we transfer your personal data to have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- we use contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal data similar protection to that which it has in the EEA; or
- where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data that applies within the EEA.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
You have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you; and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
In certain circumstances you have the right to require us to erase personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing; and
- provide us with enough information to identify you.
If you have any concerns or questions as to the way in which we process your information please do contact us. In addition you have a right to bring a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. More information on the Information Commissioner’s Office and your rights is available at www.ico.org.uk.
The types of cookie our website uses fall into two categories, strictly necessary which are required for the optimum performance of our website (e.g. to enable member login, shopping cart or e-billing) and those which enable us to analyse the performance of our website (e.g. which monitor site usage and content preference of our users to enable us to place popular content in an easy-to-access location).
You can disable and delete cookies at any time you choose through your browser settings. for more information please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Retention of data
Most of the data which you provide to us will be retained for a period of up to 2 years following your last interaction with us. Where you sign up to receive our newsletter or details about new franchising opportunities we shall retain your information for as long as we have your consent to provide you with our newsletter and opportunities.
Some of your data will be retained for a period of up to 7 years from the date of your last interaction with us in line with our accounting obligations.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent interact with us.
To contact us please use the following details:
- 1 South House, Bletchley, Buckinghamshire MK1 1SW
- [email protected]